Friday, September 23, 2011

Doctor Theda has Recieved an Award

I have been given this goth award for my "dark" Blog
I am supposed to list  Three Things about myself...
 First up a "Dark" Book... that would be my favorite novel   "Grendle" - by John Gardner -
This is a retelling of the Classic story of "Beowolf" of Nordic legends   This time around , as told by Grendle from "his point of view" ... Many social commentary on the "Human Race" as a whole...
Plus Many concepts and ideals of our "Laws of Survival" originated from this Book very  good take on the original story.... And not only do we read the "point of view" of Grendle... But when he meets the Dragon ( Who has seen Many ages of the development of civilized man...) and hear what he has to say about things.....
Secondly I am to list a "dark" Film.... Easy..."Nightbreed"
 This film is  from Clive Barker's novella "Cabal" I loved the story  And really enjoyed the movie.... the Great Characters  ( I own most all of the comic book series Except for their "South American" adventure  and part Two of them vs. "the Cenobites"  I even spent well over $100.oo on Making my own "Dr. Decker" 12 inch figure ...except for the custom head all of his parts are of Hot Toys brand...) I cannot say enough about this story and its Great Characters...
I have seen prints of this poster for sale on internet but do not know the Artist's name But They do many other movie posters in this Great style...
 And Lastly...  My "dark" secret.....

I really HATE Flies.... on my FBI Psychological Profile it states that I have a "maniacal Hatred of house flies"... in those exact words....LoL 
And on another Note ...in case you have wondered why I am "Doctor"... it was an "honorary" title bestoed upon me by some fellow inmates while I served time for bank robbery... There was already someone there Whom they called the "Professor" ( he was the only one of the over 1,200 inmates there to have scored higher in intelligence than myself...!! they said that my IQ was "well over 150"... I just know a LOT of "Useless Facts" and a Lot of other "Stuff") plus I am very good at first aid. 
"Theda" is an Anagram of the word "Death" ...( as a child reading "Boris Karolff's More Tales to Make You Frightened" one story had a character "Mr. Theda" this is where the name originated)
 As for Three Others to list as "Minions of Misery" are to be...
"Horror Digest" with its wonderful listings of movies accompanied by great "hard to Find" pictures with each post...
 Also An "interesting" bit of "Dark Humor" Posted a time or two each month... would be the creator of the "In the Dark Blog" with its fantastic descent into Hell... 
 And "A Very Creepy Blog" which covers "Creepy" and "Eerie" magazines as well as Warren Publications other titles as well.   I do Not Know how the Do This Part...
 So I will go to each of their sites and Post a notification of this Award in their Latest "Comments" section...
 Thank You "Voodoo-Ghoul"for this Award 

My E-Mail does not let me "send" anything But I do receive All that are sent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment