Thursday, June 11, 2015

Some Sad News....



                                The great British actor Sir Christopher Lee has passed.....
             
                        This is the "Dracula" that we grew up with since childhood....
          and being over 90 years old... he had just had his birthday a couple of weeks ago....
And this versatile actor has been in Many more recent films as well.... creating some "Memorable" Characters in the process.... he will be greatly missed...

                             Horror of Dracula has Always been one of my favorite horror films....
                         
                                          he brought a new "Life" to this great Villain...!!!

              

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the man himself that his best role, for me, was in The Wicker Man. Never tire of watching that flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a very "versatile" actor.....
    and a "domineering" presence on film... (and Not just due to his over 6 foot height)....
    He was the "Dracula" of my childhood... we even posted the entire "Horror of Dracula" a good while back ... great images in that one.... from one of my early magazines).... a Great day to you , my Friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure had a good long life and a successful career though. My favourite role of his is also Lord Summer-Isle in the original "Wickerman." But I liked him as the villain Saruman in the LOTR movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Going to watch the Wicker Man this weekend as a remembrance.

    But also agreed that his Dracula was "the" Dracula for me for most of my childhood. Lugosi was good, but Lee inhabited the character for so long, in so many films, that he ended up defining it. (Much as I might say Cushing did for Dr. Frankenstein.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would have to agree with you on that, good Mr. Bloch... ( and Cushing made a Great "Dr. van Hessling" to his Dracula)

    ReplyDelete