Saturday, August 8, 2015

Two of My Favorite Monsters.....

             
                   One of my favorite ""Movie Monsters"  since early childhood....
                 
                          Lon Chaney's great performance in this 1925 classic....

             
              

                      Lurking in the sewers and catacombs far below the Paris Opera House....
 
                     
                          
    Had read an English tranlation of ths one several times by the thime I began 8th Grade....
              
            

    Another silent film monster that we really liked first was the vampire, Nosferatu.....
                
              This was the first image of this "scary" vampire that I saw as a child....



It was many years later that I finally got to view these Great performances, just some pictures that I had collected over the years.....

4 comments:

  1. Some books and some faded Xeroxes ... we did not have "internet" back then...
    just books and magazines like "Famous Monsters"... and later "Fangoria"(which we still have most of the early issues of this one issues #'s 9 and 10 are hanging in my bedroom... Issue # 1, hangs in my old bedroom...)
    These days we have a large stored batch of "images" from these many great films... ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lon Chaney and Bela Lugosi will always be my favorite scary-movie actors. Both were great and did so many great films.
    As a child, I loved scary movies and we had them a lot on Saturdays ...(along with tons of cowboy movies) and the three that scared me the most...Frankenstein, The Mummy and The Wolfman. My friends and I would get so scared but couldn't wait for the next movie to come.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are probably referring to his Son... "Lon Chaney Jr. ... He was "Larry Talbut" of the Wolfman ... and also played a Frankenstein's Monster and the Mummy ...
    He was even Dracula in Son of Dracula.... the great Lon Chaney was probably before your time , dear Lady....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lon Chaney was such an artist. A master really.

    ReplyDelete