Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Dungeons and Dragons Post....


                              Been a player of Dungeons and Dragons since the mid80's.....
                the Great Blog "Hero Press" is offering a great "Blogger Challenge".....
The first introduction to D&D was in County Jail ( just weeks after the Bank Robbery back in 1984)....
This one guy used the DM a game ... So he set me up a game... ( We used cards ace through six as dice)... the second knight he was in a bad mood and my two characters barely survived a Black Dragon as well as several "nasty" ( and deadly) Traps...
                                            
By now he was frustrated at my survival... So we enter a chamber and Asmodeus himself shows up and Challenges us ( Remember This is my First game .... by now he wanted me DEAD....)
Well the Devil offered my a riddle ...if I answered it correctly ... I could have any one thing I wanted ... ( The Styx Crystal"....!!! just what my mage most wanted .... But if I were to answer Wrong... He takes us both to Hell....)

..... About here is where He messed up.... the Riddle was one that I knew ( Thank you Tolken)... he told me I had won and that was the last that I was to play....
My First Character was a pair ..."Theda", a low Ranger / Thief.... And "The Phantom" ....(A skeletal mage with a couple of "fireball" Scrolls)....
 The Phantom went on over the years to the point where his Undead Empire was toppled by the Gods...!!! ...
                         
                            He now hides out in a Swamp Fortress....

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE vintage D N D....Sorry my computer doesn't carry an AT symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is an AT symbol...???
    Modok will be sent in a couple of days ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stories, Theda. Just want to point out this isn't my Blogging Challenge, but a gent called Stelios V. Perdios over at d20 Dark Ages: http://d20darkages.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/d-40th-anniversary-blog-hop-challenge.html

    I really think you should save up these cracking tales for the "official" event next month, then if you sign up to the "Blog Hop" you should get a ton of new readers popping over to The Crypt. You're already making the stories I have in mind seem very mundane in comparison ;-)

    Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, I think Hobgoblin238 was referring to the ampersand (&) in D&D.

    ReplyDelete