Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pumpkin Sprouts.....

Well I just finished putting 36 seedlings into dirt....( I wanted potting soil but it is Sunday and our hardware store is closed .... with my health what it is there is no way I could carry a bag of soil across town.... So I had to purchase "planting soil" with all the "chunks" of debris... which made the task not only more difficult but Much Messier.....)

 There are 8 "Pumpkin" from pack of seeds....10 "Big Man" and the others are from last Halloween
I will get them all lined up in a tray in a bit.... and clean up the mess ...I put down paper but there is still a mess to tend to....It was kind of cool ... making sure that the long tap root coiled in the tiny peat pot many with lots of root hairs like tiny spider legs.... and with my bad nerves ...all this "delicate" work was a bit of a challenge.... And there are still the two plants outside that must be dug up and transplanted.... Only ever transplanted ferns before....this task should be interesting....
                                       I will get the bedding soil ready this week....
                           well another attempt at Pumpkin growing.... wish me luck....

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you Dr. :) You had a marvelous crop last year and I'm sure that you'll have more success this year :)
    I've decided not to grow any this year, but a vine did pop up in my compost heap, so we'll see what happens.
    I'll be eagerly watching your patch's progress!
    -The Countess :)

    ReplyDelete